There are several kitchen necessities that must be brought to survive college. AND there are many kitchen "tools" that should be left at home.
What to Bring
- Decent cutting knife
- Cutting board
- Drawer organizer for silverware
- Can opener
- Kitchen Scissors
- Ice cube trays
- Pan for pizza or cookies
- Small strainer
What Not to Bring
- Enough silverware to give your whole floor a fork
- I know you think those Disney Princess plates are cute now but how about white?
- A knife for fruit—please don’t show up with a butcher knife and blame me.
- Please clean these things before you use them. Who knows how many strangers licked that before you bought it.
- If you don’t have a freezer, maybe don’t bring ice cube trays.
- Unless you’re actually Betty Crocker, you probably won’t be baking much. So put the 12 piece pan set down.
- Keep in mind that this is a DORM KITCHEN and the biggest and shiniest and nicest of everything is not required. Half the fun is using that powder blue Crock Pot from your parents’ wedding to make lots of hot chocolate to share with your friends.